Friday, January 3, 2014

Smoky Mtns :: Tennessee






Zac & I spent last week in Gatlinbug, TN.  Not my top travel pick but we absolutely made the best of it.. 
Here's a few of my favorite moments!

Pit stop in Cherokee, NC. I've always loved Cherokee because I'm Native American and obsess over most things Indian so I always have fun exploring there.

Driving through Smoky Mtn National Park and seeing snow!! For a Georgia girl that's always exciting.

Hiking trails in the national park. Getting to go deeper in the woods and experience the dense fog was really neat. 
And to go along with that [because I'm a nerd about Indian stuff].. Here's a little fact for ya..!
The Smoky Mtns were named for the blue fog or mist that hangs over the mountains and in the valleys, they Smokies were originally settled by the Cherokee. Shaconage, or 'place of the blue smoke,' is what they called this range of the Appalachians.







1 comment:

  1. Ah! Cory & I are planning to stay in a cabin in the Smokeys! Good time for the mountains!

    ReplyDelete