Friday, April 26, 2013

Unclaimed Baggage


Yesterday was the perfect family day. Minus the fact Zac and Jesse couldn’t be there. But nonetheless, we took a mini road trip to Scottsboro, AL solely to SHOP! All 5 of us pilled in the car and drove all the way across state lines. After about 3.5 hours, we arrived at a store called Unclaimed Baggage.  We had no idea what to expect when we got there but thankfully we pulled up and the place was giant!
Basically, the concept of the store is that when baggage gets lost at the airport (i.e.. sent to the wrong place or no one claims it after a certain time period) this store buys it based on the weight. Then they sift through and price each individual item and resell it! So its like a thrift store for things that people never intended to give away.
Needless to say it was my kind of place!! They had tons of designer labels for really affordable prices plus tons of neat odds and ends.
Here’s a few of my favorite finds:
photo1
Maxi skirt from ZARA: $6
H&M blazer:  $4
Belt, Makeup bag, Sketchbook, Mug & Towel: $8
photo4    photo3
All this jewelry:  $6.. And who can pass up a unicorn ring.
Scarf : $4
Navy American Apparel hoodie: $2
Khaki cargo jacket from Urban Outfitters: $5
I came home with so many more lovely things but these were some of my top pick and I couldn’t help myself from sharing!!
I’m glad I was blessed with a spontaneous family who wants to accompany me on little trips like these!  And if you live anywhere in the surrounding Alabama area I definitely suggest you go check this place out!

No comments:

Post a Comment